Skipper's third party liability insurance
Insured up to maximum € 10.000.000,-
We offer insurance coverage from € 100.000,- up to € 10.000.000,-.
Costs in the event of yacht arrest
Costs in the event of yacht arrest of up to EUR 100,000.00 are insured accordingly with our terms and conditions.
Gross negligence is covered
We cover damages made to the chartered boat by gross negligence up to € 500.000,-, depending on the offer.
Damages to third parties (outside the boat)
Not every yacht TPL insurance covers the right risks. We insure you subsidiarily according to our terms and conditions.
Defense against unjustified claims
You are not only insured against justified claims, but also against unjustified claims. We protect you.
The whole crew is insured
Insured are the skipper and his crew members, including damages caused to one another.
Why is skipper liability insurance policy worth having?
- Because, as a general rule, you are personally liable – with all your present and future assets – for all the damage you have culpably caused, whether they be bodily or material.
- Because your personal liability insurance policy does not cover the liability claims arising from the actions of the skipper or crew.
- Because as a skipper, you are also liable for the crew members.
- Because liability disclaimers related to crew members may not be applicable in case of third parties (e.g. pension claims by the injured party).
- Because you are unaware of the actual extent of insurance cover on a chartered vessel. Too often, the TPL insured sum is limited to the value of the ship, which may be not enough concerning the unlimited personal liability. In many cases, only specific, listed forms of damage are covered, for example, damage in the event of a collision, etc. But you will be held liable for all damage.
- Because you do not know whether there is any insurance cover at all, nor whether the premium has been paid on time, which in turn could mean that the insurer is released from all obligations. In such case, you have no insurance cover whatsoever!
- Because ships sailing under foreign flags are normally insured under foreign insurance terms and conditions and in the local language, which means that it is virtually impossible for you to assess the actual scope of the insurance cover.
- Because no other known liability insurance product covers liability claims presented by the yacht owner for damage caused to the chartered yacht itself as a result of skipper’s gross negligence.